Sunday, February 19, 2006

Springing that trap

I've been browsing in an oldie-but-goodie - Life 101 by Peter McWilliams. It has a wonderful subtitle: "Everything We Wish We Had Learned About In School - But Didn't". Anyway, I came across this marvelous quote:

I don't want the cheese; I just want to get out of the trap.

--Spanish Proverb

That's what meditation does. It gets us out of the trap. That's liberation. And it give us something better than cheese. It gives us happiness. Now that's an assurance that will really give us motivation if we let it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your encouraging words. You might give me a boost by showing a link or giving me a plug if you are so incluned. Some of the photos might be worth meditating on. You are my inspiration you know.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.