Here's something to help us stabilize our experience whenever we're experiencing tension or distraction.
1. Stop whatever you're currently involved in.
2. Take three intentional breaths
3. Now name five things you can see in your immediate environment.
4. Name five things you can hear in your immediate environment.
5. Finally, name five things you can feel right now. (The clothes against your skin, the pressure of your body against the seat of the chair, etc...)
6. Take another three intentional breaths.
7. Return to whatever was claiming your attention before the exercise.