Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The intrinsic goodness of difference

"Comparisons are odious" goes the old saying.

So many people who come to talk to me suffer because they don't have someone else's gifts or are not able to live up to someone else's expectations. He's something very encouraging that speaks to this:

If the Great Spirit had desired me to be a white man he would have made me so in the first place. He put in your heart certain wishes and plans, and in my heart he put other different desires. Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows.

-- Chief Sitting Bull

I truly believe that if you're doing what you are called to do that your heart will dance. I don't mean that there will never be difficulties but that fundamentally, at the very core of your being, there is a deep delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.