Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Kissing the earth


Well, I've read a lot of Thich Nhat Hanh over the years but he is very prolific and so I'm sure I've not nearly read everything he has written. Here is a wonderful approach to walking meditation that is new to me:

When we walk like (we are running), we print anxiety and sorrow on the earth. We have to walk in a way that we only print peace and serenity on the earth... Be aware of the contact between your feet and the earth. Walk as if you are kissing the earth with your feet.

-- Thich Nhat Hanh

I do so love the idea of kissing the earth with our feet.

2 comments:

  1. I like that idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:04 AM

    What a wonderful idea! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.