Here are ten points from the Manifesto for Happiness.
* Get physical. Exercise for half an hour three times a week.
* Count your blessings. At the end of each day, reflect on at least five things you're grateful for.
* Talk time. Have an hour-long uninterrupted conversation with your partner or closest friend each week.
* Plant something. Even if it’s a window box or pot plant. Keep it alive!
* Cut your TV viewing by half.
* Smile at and/or say hello to a stranger. At least once each day.
* Phone a friend. Make contact with at least one friend or relation you have not been in contact for a while and arrange to meet up.
* Have a good laugh at least once a day.
* Every day make sure you give yourself a treat. Take time to really enjoy this.
* Daily kindness. Do an extra good turn for someone each day.
And I would add: meditate! At least 5 minutes a day. Everyone can do that much.