Thursday, September 21, 2006

Attention

This week in ongoing class we focused on the importance of attention. Here are two quotes that speak to this:

The first is from Ageless Body, Timless Mind:

The quality of one's life depends on the quality of attention. Whatever you pay attention to will grow more important in your life.

Deepak Chopra

The second is from Shelter for the Spirit:

Just remember that those things that get attention flourish.

Victoria Moran

Let's all make a point of noticing when we're just not paying attention and then coach ourselves to wake up!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:34 AM

    I thought of this in terms of the attention I pay to unhealthy things, too, how attention causes them to become bigger and bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, Anonymous. That's so true. A good example is nursing a grudge. The more we pay attention to our feelings of ill will toward someone, the more they will grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:30 PM

    This is good advice for me. I just got home from the hospital and I find I give a lot of attention to my physical pain. By attending to other matters the pain should decrease. But I don't think I'll give up the pain pills yet!

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.