Monday, December 11, 2006

Seek Wisdom

This is an excerpt from a longer poem you can find here:

In the stillness of night Wisdom came and stood by my bed. She gazed upon me like a tender mother and wiped away my tears, and said : "I have heard the cry of your spirit and I am come to comfort it. Open your heart to me and I shall fill it with light. Ask of me and I shall show you the way of truth."

-- Kahlil Gibran

Wisdom is not a thing. Wisdom is a person with whom we have a relationship. If we call her, she will come.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:32 PM

    Ellie, blogger was unable to locate the longer poem from which your Wisdom quote comes. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.