Sunday, September 16, 2007

Gratitude and acceptance

Today I have been particularly mindful of my gratitude for the excellent care I received while I was in the hosplital. I am especially grateful for Rebecca, my day-shift nurse while I was in the Intensive Care Unit. I have also prayed in a focused way for patience today because my recovery is turning out to be slower and more painful than I had bargained for. And so the following quote is particularly appropriate:

Gratitude is the intention to count-your-blessings every day, every minute, while avoiding, whenever possible, the belief that you need or deserve different circumstances.

— Timothy Miller in How To Want What You Have

May we all let go of our attachment for preferences and truly accept things as they are without judgment, without complaint.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little slow--could you email and let me know how you are. hiltjan@gmail.com
    Take care and am sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.