Saturday, August 11, 2007

Here's a great meditation

Yes, I've done this one a lot. I definitely recommend it:
Many people claim they don’t have time to meditate or that they do not have the ability to specify a specific time every day to devote to meditation. If you are one of these people, I would invite you to have your pets BE your meditation.

For example, many times when I am sitting at my computer in my home/office, my cat Vinnie will come up to me and meow and want attention. He is a wonderful meditation timer. Now, I stop what I’m doing, if only for a minute or so, and sit on the floor with him and BE with him.

My petting of my cat becomes my meditation.

Pets live fully in the moment, and you can join them in the NOW if you choose too! So next time you think you don’t have time to meditate. Sit down with your pet and BE with your pet. Make that your meditation. You will gain so much from it, and of course your pet will too!
Very true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.